Food Hygiene – level 2
Our Food Hygiene – level 2 course is a legal requirement for staff working with food or food related products. Staff are required to receive training commensurate with their level of involvement and responsibility. This Food Hygiene – level 2 course complies with the requirements as set out by the Food Safety Authority Ireland Level 2.
Who should attend?
This food hygiene training course is intended for those who have responsibility for managing food safety or who are involved in food preparation, service, handling and storage, who have already completed Basic Food Safety Training Course . It is ideal also for those working in professional kitchens, hotels, canteens, nursing homes, hospitals, delicatessens, restaurants, childcare, as well as food producers.
This course is designed to provide students with the skills to implement good food safety practices within their workplace.
- Legal responsibility in ensuring food safety
- Food hazards; chemical, physical and biological hazards
- Cross-contamination and how to prevent it
- High and low risk activities
- Monitoring food temperature
- Food safety records and food traceability
- Pest Control and waste management
- Treatment of food at risk from unhygienic practices
- Co-operating with enforcement officers
- Checking of deliveries
- Food sampling and testing
- HACCP and completion of HACCP sheets
Methods of training
The course is interactive with each theory session being followed by assessment of individual skills.
Continuous assessment throughout course and theory exam afterwards. After completion, students receive a PSTC Training Certificate.