Parent First Aid
Our Half Day Parent First Aid Course is designed to give anyone who has dealing with child and understanding of the everyday injuries you may find your child in as a parent
Who should attend?
Parents, Grandparents, Babysitters,
Learners who successfully complete this Course will:.
- Be able to provide treatment for preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid
- Be able to provide treatment for an injury to child or infant which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- have an understanding of Paediatric Related Injuries & illness
English is the language in which training is delivered and participants must have a good command of the English language. If participants wish to bring an interpreter they may do so but prior notice must be given to Philip & Son Training Consultants.
- Emergency Care Principles – How to Activate EMS, First Aid Kits, Scene Safety, Etc.
- CPR & Choking – Learn to perform Child & infant CPR & treat Choking
- Bleeding – Bumps, Cuts, Graces, Nosebleeds
- Fracture Management – Dealing with Fractures, Dislocations
- Medical Emergencies – Croup, Asthma, Meningitis, Febrile Convulsions
Methods of Training
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by demonstration, practical tasks and assessment of individual skills.
Continuous Assessment throughout course – with a PSTC Training Certificate