- This course is aimed at any person working in the nursing, healthcare, childcare, medical, dentistry or any profession where infection control and management of it is required.
- Participants will receive a certificate on the day of training that is valid for 2 years
- The course is in line with the Health Management Institutes – Standard Precautions in the Irish Healthcare Setting, using the recognised DVD and practical sessions.
- An overview on Infection control including Hospital Acquired Infections causes and occurrences.
- The World Health Organisation information on “Cleaner Care is Safer Care Pact”
- Infection Prevention and control
- Hand Hygiene including how to wash hands in line with the Strategy for the Control of Antimicrobial Resistance in Ireland (SARI) regulations. This includes the correct techniques and when to use Alcohol Hand Gels. A practical session for each participant to wash hands and view areas of hands missed.
- Waste Management and Decontamination issues.
- Personal Protection including the types of protective equipment available to use.
- Needle stick injuries or any occupational health injury/ accident – what to do and how to report it
This infection control course also includes training on Influenza H1N1 covering:
- An overview of H1N1 including all symptoms that would indicate H1N1.
- Hand Hygiene including how to wash hands in line with the Strategy for the Control of Antimicrobial Resistance in Ireland (SARI) regulations. This includes the correct techniques and when to use Alcohol Hand Gels.
- Respiratory hygiene and Cough Etiquette
- Correct Mask Fitting of Surgical and FFP2/3 masks
- Donning and Removing on Personal Protective Equipment in line with local policy for all cases of suspected or confirmed cases of H1N1
Duration: 3 Hours
Certification: PSTC Certificate of Attendance