Our 1 Day Paediatric First Aid Course is designed to give anyone who has dealings with child and understanding of Child & Infant Related Injuries, Illness & just everyday occurrences.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to be trained and certified as a Paediatric First Aider and deliver first aid care, especially those working with children
Learners who successfully complete this Course will:
- Understand the responsibilities of the paediatric first aider.
- Be able to provide treatment for preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid
- Be able to provide treatment for an injury to child or infant which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- have an understanding of Paediatric Related Injuries & illness
English is the language in which training is delivered and participants must have a good command of the English language. If participants wish to bring an interpreter they may do so but prior notice must be given to Philip & Son Training Institute.
- Unit 1: The role of a Paediatric First Aider
This module covers the role of the First Aider, the legal requirements and how to effectively ensure the safety of the first aider.
- Unit 2: Assessing the Paediatric Patient
This Module covers how to Assess a paediatric patient both for Life Threating injuries and a Secondary Survey finding out what happened.
- Unit 3: Paediatric Basic Life Support
This Module covers how to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on a Child or infant and the principles of Resuscitation.
- Unit 4: Wounds and bleeding
This module teaches the student how to deal with blood injuries. They will know how to recognise the different types of wounds and know how to treat them.
- Unit 5: Minor Injuries
This Module covers Minor injuries such as bumps, cuts splinter & nose bleeds.
- Unit 6: Common Paediatric Conditions
This module covers the treatment of Common medical conditions a paediatric may suffer from such as: Asthma, Croup, Seizures, Anaphylaxis & Meningitis
- Unit 7: Trauma Emergencies This module covers the treatment Trauma Related injuries such as Fractures, dislocations burns & scalds, etc.
Methods of Training
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by demonstration, practical tasks and assessment of individual skills.
Continuous Assessment throughout course – with a PSTI Training Certificate