To provide abrasive wheels training course participants with the knowledge, skills and attitude to enable the safe use of the abrasive wheel. It also provides an understanding of abrasive wheels instructing delegates in all aspects of the correct mounting, setting of abrasive wheels.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to be trained and certified in the Safe handling & changing of an abrasive wheel
Learners who successfully complete this Course will:
- State their legal rights and responsibilities
- Select correct discs and wheel
- Mount discs and wheels safely,
- Identify hazards associated with abrasive wheel
- Dress and true abrasive wheels
English is the language in which training is delivered and participants must have a good command of the English language. If participants wish to bring an interpreter they may do so but prior notice must be given to Philip & Son Training Institute.
- Abrasive Wheels Training Introduction
- Construction Site Safety Awareness
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Abrasive Wheel Selection
- Wheel Storage
- Wheel types and markings
- Theoretical Examination
- Practical Examination
- Abrasive Wheel Selection – Testing and mounting of new wheel
- Cleaning, inspection, labelling and recording.
- Abrasive Wheels
Methods of Training
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by demonstration, practical tasks and assessment of individual skills.
Continuous Assessment throughout course – with a PSTI Training Certificate
All our Tutors are fully Certified QQI lv 6 Train the Trainers with lots of experience
This course can be in your premise Starting from €30 per person contact us today for a quote