Our Cardiac First Response is designed to give participants the knowledge to provide CPR to people in Cardiac Arrest & to Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Safely.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to be Trained in CPR & Defibrillator Skills, Especially those working in the Healthcare Sector Such as nurses and those is Social or Residential Care.
Learners who successfully complete this Cardiac First Response Course will:
- Understand the responsibilities of CPR & Defibrillator use.
- Be able to provide treatment for preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid
English is the language in which training is delivered and participants must have a good command of the English language. If participants wish to bring an interpreter they may do so but prior notice must be given to Philip & Son Training Consultants.
- Module 1: Basic Emergency Care – On completion of Module 1 the student will be able to recognise the signs of a life-threatening emergency and can initiate basic life support to the person who suddenly collapses or is choking. The student will also learn the indications and administration of Aspirin.
- Module 2: Accessing and Use of an Automated External Defibrillator – On completion of Module 2 the student will be able to use an automated external defibrillator (AED) without delay in accordance with the appropriate PHECC CPGs.
- Module 3: Safety and Communication – On completion of Module 3 the student will be able to activate the Emergency Medical Services and communicate effectively with other healthcare professionals in the continuum of care for the patient.
Methods of Training
This Course is Given by Use of Practical lead DVD Based Programme,
Continuous Assessment throughout course – PHECC/PSTC Certificate in Cardiac First Response on completion
4 hours based on a Group of 6 people per 1 Tutor
All our Tutors are fully Certified PHECC Cardiac First Response Instructor
This course can be in your premise Starting from €30 per person contact us today for a quote
Public course dates: