Those wishing to undertake a first aid response refresher course must have a valid First Aid Response Certificate to be eligible to attend this 2 day refresher course.
This course will be a minimum of 12 hours and can be two 6 hour days or ran over consecutive weekends or evenings.
Who should attend this first aid response refresher?
Anyone who wants to re-certify as a first aid responder must complete this 2 day refresher course, this course replaces the QQI level 5 Occupational First Aid
Learners who successfully complete this Course will:
- Deal with life threatening or potentially life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until arrival of emergency medical services.
- Provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but are necessary to prevent further harm before the emergency medical services arrive.
- Provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including home and recreational settings.
- Display the requisite personal skills including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations.
- Recognise and be able to cope with the additional challenges provided by “Special Circumstances” for which additional training must be completed
English is the language in which training is delivered and participants must have a good command of the English language. If participants wish to bring an interpreter they may do so but prior notice must be given to Philip & Son Training Consultants.
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Cardiac First Response (CPR & AED, Choking & Stroke)
- Common Medical Emergencies (Asthma, Diabetes, Seizures, Poisoning & Fainting)
- Injury Management & Shock (Bleeding, Bone Injuries, Sprains, Strains & Dislocations, Shock)
- Care of the Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
- Information Management
- The Well-Being of the First-Aid Responder
Methods of Training
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by demonstration, practical tasks and assessment of individual skills. Training will be delivered on a ratio of 1 mannequin and 1 training AED for every 3 learners as stated in the new standard. All participants receive a comprehensive first aid manual.
Participants: 1 instructor per 6 Students meeting the PHECC education & training standards.
Duration: a Minimum of 12 Hours Training
Assessment/Certification: Assessment will be by contious assessment & MCQ Exam on completetion you will get a PHECC National Responder Certificate/Card
Instructor: All our Tutors are fully Certified PHECC First Aid Response Tutors with lots of experience
Onsite Training: this course is €125 per person or €650 per group of 6 people
Public course Dates: