Our Food Hygiene – level 1 course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attitude to enable them to prepare and serve food safely in accordance with legislative requirements and best practices.
- Responsibilities of employees
- Protective clothing and hand washing
- Personal hygiene and food handling
- Cross contamination and food safety
- Pest control, waste disposal and cleaning
- Temperature control
- Delivery and storage
- HACCP and completion of HACCP sheets
Methods of Training
The course is interactive with each theory session being followed by assessment of individual skills.
Continuous assessment throughout course and theory exam afterwards. After completion, students receive a PSTC Training Certificate.