Our Infection prevention and control course is designed to give anyone who is at risk from infection the necessary skills to protect themselves in line with national standards. it is ideal for nurses, Healthcare professionals, social care works, etc.
Who should attend this Infection prevention and control course?
anyone who maybe at risk to infection.
- An overview on Infection control including Hospital Acquired Infections causes and occurrences.
- The World Health Organisation information on “Cleaner Care is Safer Care Pact”
- Infection Prevention and control
- Hand Hygiene including how to wash hands in line with the Strategy for the Control of Antimicrobial Resistance in Ireland (SARI) regulations. This includes the correct techniques and when to use Alcohol Hand Gels. A practical session for each participant to wash hands and view areas of hands missed.
- Waste Management and Decontamination issues.
- Personal Protection including the types of protective equipment available to use.
- Needle stick injuries or any occupational health injury/ accident – what to do and how to report it
This infection control course also includes training on Influenza H1N1 covering:
- An overview of H1N1 including all symptoms that would indicate H1N1.
- Hand Hygiene including how to wash hands in line with the Strategy for the Control of Antimicrobial Resistance in Ireland (SARI) regulations. This includes the correct techniques and when to use Alcohol Hand Gels.
- Respiratory hygiene and Cough Etiquette
- Correct Mask Fitting of Surgical and FFP2/3 masks
- Donning and Removing on Personal Protective Equipment in line with local policy for all cases of suspected or confirmed cases of H1N1
PSTC Certificate of Attendance
All our Tutors are fully Certified QQI Tutors with lots of Experience
This course costs €50 per person or can be ran at your workplace for €350 based on a group of 12