To comply with current Health and Safety legislation, staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in safe manual handling techniques. This training will show your staff how to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and therefore avoid back injuries. By training your staff how to conduct manual handling safely you are complying with your legal requirements. Back injuries caused by incorrect manual handling techniques are one of the most frequent causes of workers compensation claims. This is not an instructors’ course. It is of 3 hours duration.
This is not for the Healthcare Provider see Patient handling for info & booking for it
Who should attend?
All staff engaged in manual handling activities during their working day
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Lift and handle loads safely
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
- How to handle loads safely
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting (bags, sacks, barrels, where appropriate)
- Other organisation specific lifting tasks
- Competence testing
Methods of training
This course combines lecture methods with “hands-on” practical work with different types of materials.
Pre-Course Requirements: None
Each participant will be assessed on their practical manual handling techniques. Certificate of Attendance issued on completion valid for 3 years
Please let us know if participants have any specific learner requirements.
Duration: 3 Hours
Maximum No of Participants: 12 per Session
Cost: €50 per person
All our Tutors are fully Certified QQI Tutors with lots of Experience
This course can be in your premise Starting from €30 per person contact us today for a quote
Public course dates: