Our Half Day Parent First Aid Course is designed to give anyone who has dealing with child and understanding of the everyday injuries you may find your child in as a parent
Who should attend?
Parents, Grandparents, Babysitters,
Learners who successfully complete this Course will:.
- Be able to provide treatment for preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid
- Be able to provide treatment for an injury to child or infant which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- have an understanding of Paediatric Related Injuries & illness
English is the language in which training is delivered and participants must have a good command of the English language. If participants wish to bring an interpreter they may do so but prior notice must be given to Philip & Son Training Consultants.
- Emergency Care Principles – How to Activate EMS, First Aid Kits, Scene Safety, Etc.
- CPR & Choking – Learn to perform Child & infant CPR & treat Choking
- Bleeding – Bumps, Cuts, Graces, Nosebleeds
- Fracture Management – Dealing with Fractures, Dislocations
- Medical Emergencies – Croup, Asthma, Meningitis, Febrile Convulsions
Methods of Training
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by demonstration, practical tasks and assessment of individual skills.
Continuous Assessment throughout course – with a PSTC Training Certificate