This course is Designed to equip staff with the skills and knowledge required to safely administer medication in a variety of healthcare and residential care settings.
- Who Should Attend:
- This course is designed for those working in the health or social care sector.
- 8 Rights of medication administration
- Double checking medications
- Monitoring & Documentation
- Patient rights / patient education
- Withholding medications
- Self-administration of medications
- Medication errors
- Administration Errors
- Medication storage
- Method of Delivery
- The course is facilitated by an instructor who will use PowerPoint presentation to guide you through the course. The course is delivered through English.
- Duration & Assessment
- The course is between 4 – 6 hours long depending on the number of students on the course. Students will be evaluated on the practical skills demonstrated on the course as well as a written test.
On completion, you receive a certificate valid for 2 years
Public course dates: